Scotland + Venice
Through participation in La Biennale, Scotland + Venice aims to position Scotland internationally as a distinct, dynamic and diverse centre for creative excellence, fostering ambitious, innovative work in the fields of contemporary art and architecture, strengthened through international development, professional dialogue, public engagement and cultural exchange.
- International: To make a critically relevant contribution to international discourse about art and architecture and generate international opportunities for Scotland’s creative sector.
- High quality work: To make a strong, globally relevant and distinctive contribution to La Biennale which showcases the best of Scottish art, architecture and design.
- Raising profile: To strengthen Scotland’s reputation as an ambitious, innovative connected centre for the arts and architecture, internationally open to new ideas and partnerships.
- Public Engagement: Strengthen public interest in and engagement with contemporary art and architecture internationally and in Scotland.
- Development: To support the creative and professional development of students, artists, architects, curators and producers.
- Equalities and sustainability: To maintain and develop a proactive and progressive approach to equalities, diversity and inclusion and sustainability across the project.
- Governance: To develop Scotland + Venice to achieve best value for money with clear governance, management and reporting structures.